Review & Modify Your Hiring Practices
What is the purpose of diversity hiring? Diversity hiring is hiring based on merit with special care taken to ensure procedures are free from biases related to a candidate’s age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, and other personal characteristics that are unrelated to their job performance. Confusion over diversity hiring sometimes lies in the mistaken perception that the goal of diversity recruitment is to increase workplace diversity for the sake of diversity. The goal of diversity hiring is to identify and remove potential biases in sourcing, screening, and shortlisting candidates that may be ignoring, turning off, or accidentally discriminating against qualified, diverse candidates.
In reviewing the submission, the following queries will be used:
- Have you conducted a hiring audit?
- When was the most recent audit conducted?
- How often do you conduct hiring audits?
- Have you established metrics to track improvement in your hiring practices?
- If you have established metrics, have the metrics shown improvement over time?