Diversity Councils, ERGs, and Other Structural Supports
Does your organization have structured DEI support mechanisms, like formalized Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) or a Diversity Council? Employee Resource Groups are voluntary, employee-led groups whose aim is to foster a diverse, inclusive workplace aligned with the organizations they serve. They are usually led and participated in by employees who share a characteristic, whether it’s gender, ethnicity, religious affiliation, lifestyle, or interest. A Diversity Council is a group of employees, including senior leaders or executives, that acts on behalf of the company to jumpstart and manage the diversity and inclusion process.
In reviewing the submission, the following queries will be used:
- Do you have a Diversity Council, D&I Committee, or similarly focused employee-led group?
- Have you established any employee-led resource groups?
- Is there a reporting mechanism or structure by which employee-led groups can provide recommendations to management?
- Have you surveyed staff to determine what support mechanisms they need?
- How often do you survey staff to determine what support mechanisms they need?
- If you have conducted a survey, when was the most recent one performed?