Educate Your Local Community
Consider the community stakeholders in your organization’s mission. Are there local schools or organizations you can work with to spread solar knowledge? Are you following best practices to provide unbiased, instructive education? SEIA’s educational materials, which feature standardized disclosure forms to help consumers compare and better understand offers from competing solar companies, are available free of charge on SEIA’s consumer protection portal.
In reviewing the submission, the following queries will be used:
- What kinds of education events/sessions did you hold?
- How many sessions occurred over the year?
- How many people were engaged through your sessions?
- Did you work with community organizations to host/promote the events?
- Did you work with community organizations that serve diverse communities to host/promote the events?
- Do you use SEIA’s consumer protection resources?