Disability Inclusion in the Workplace
Disability inclusion in the workplace is about more than hiring people with disabilities. It involves creating an inclusive business culture where people feel comfortable, valued, and appreciated because of who they are as an individual, not despite or ignoring their disabilities.
Your company will be assessed on the following criteria:
- Does the company’s strategic mission include offering equal employment opportunities for individuals with disabilities?
- Does an Employee Resource Group (ERG) exist including executives with disabilities?
- Has the company used employee engagement surveys to determine demographics and whether the environment is accessible and inclusive?
- Does the company offer accommodations or modifications for employees?
- Do employees know who to talk to in order to request or disclose the need for accommodations? How is this information shared with employees?
- Are meetings and events planned with accessibility in mind?