Host or Attend a Career Fair
Well-planned job/career fairs attract a wide range of applicants and can illustrate your organization’s commitment to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of sex, race, ethnicity, disability, or other non-job-related factors. Hosting a career fair can promote your school as a source of good candidates to employers. Attending a career fair as an employer can increase your brand awareness, create an opportunity to meet with non-traditional applicants, and allow your organization to network with other organizations.
In reviewing the submission, the following queries will be used:
- How many career fairs did you attend this year?
- Were the career fairs with minority-serving institutions?
- Were the career fairs at historically women’s colleges?
- How many career fairs did you host this year?
- Did you engage the local community in your career fair?
- Did you engage partner organizations in your career fair?
- Did you successfully hire candidates from the career fair?