Career Pathways and Professional Development
Career pathways go hand-in-hand with professional development and advancement. It is crucial to ensure that staff and employers make deliberate and consistent efforts to maximize development opportunities. Research has indicated that people achieve greater job satisfaction when the professional aspects of their careers are adequately planned, developed, and realized.
In reviewing the submission, the following queries will be used:
- Do you offer professional development opportunities or funds as an employee benefit?
- Do employees have professional development plans or career plans?
- How often are professional development opportunities discussed between managers and subordinates?
- Are employees allocated time to perform professional development?
- Do you provide sponsorship, mentorship, or training programs to assist employees?