The next installment of the Solar Vision webinar series will feature Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI)/World Resources Institute’s 2021 City Cohort, a group that is assisting 20 US cities and counties expand residential solar in emerging markets. Join this webinar to discuss how cohort cities are modifying standard Solarize campaigns to make them inclusive of underserved communities by partnering with local organizations and removing financial barriers. Attendees will be provided with information on live or upcoming RFPs and learn how to get involved in these critical efforts.
Then, RMI will discuss the details of the SolarAPP+ platform, an online permitting portal developed by NREL that will automate rooftop solar plan review and produce compliant approvals instantly. Learn about opportunities for jurisdictions in the cohort to pilot SolarAPP+ as part of their Solarize campaign and hear testimonials from jurisdictions that have recently successfully piloted and adopted SolarAPP+.
Original Air Date:
February 12, 2021
- Moderator: Sara Birmingham, SEIA
- Ryan Shea, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Arthur Coulston, SolarAPP+ Coordinator, Rocky Mountain Institute
- Evelyn Butler, SEIA
- Neal Denton, Sustainability Manager, City of Sana Fe
- Sophie Mullinax, Blue Horizons Project Manager, Solarize Asheville/Buncombe County